Combat Application Tourniquet (CAT)
A true one-handed tourniquet, widely credited with decreasing mortality rates due to extremity exsanguination by 85%. Simpler to use thanks to a single application protocol, single buckle routing system and further improvements to its components and construction.
The combat application tourniquet is proven to be 100% effective in occluding blood flow in both upper & lower extremities by the U.S. Army’s Institute of Surgical Research.
- Faster application and effective slack removal results in decreased blood loss and fewer windlass turns to achieve arterial occlusion.
- Simplified training with single protocol directions for all applications.
- Affordable, lightweight and rugged with easy, one-handed application.
- Requires minimal cube space.
- Single route buckle decreases application time to reduce blood loss; allows rescuer to easily remove slack from tourniquet on initial application to decrease number of turns on the windlass to control bleeding; reduces training confusion as there is only one set of instructions for application, as one-handed and two-handed application are now the same.
- Designed for use in ALL weather conditions.
- Slightly increased diameter windlass rod to add even more strength and external ribbing for improved grip when twisting rod
- Bilateral buttress added for additional strength to reduce windlass clip flexing under extreme pressures
- Sonic weld to clip for better securing; on the black color C-A-T®, the strap is now gray in color to provide a subdued look; the orange and blue trainer strap remain white
- Stabilization plate is reinforced for additional strength, beveled edges to reduce patient discomfort on application, and the logo and manufacture information is now molded instead of printed on the stabilization plate
- Highly visible security tab with writeable area to record the time of application
- Red Tip Technology™ with red elliptical tab to assist user in locating and threading during application
- Date of Manufacture has been removed and is now included in lot tracking number to reduce customer confusion in thinking that their device has an expiration date
- Open: 37½ “L
- 2-11/16 oz
Read more about it here.
Or see more of our medical and first aid supplies here.